Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I miss fall

Golden Tree

This afternoon the weather report said that tomorrow we'll have the first "snow shower" which means that while late, winter is finally here. All I can think is how little I've taken advantage of everything fall had to offer. Work got crazy, I had lots of side jobs, projects, and life keeping me so busy that I didn't get a chance to take a nice walk at a forest preserve to marvel at the beautiful colors of the turning leaves. I didn't get a chance to go apple picking (though I did come very close once). I didn't bake half the fall themed items I wanted to or take pictures of half the things I rushed by in a hurry to get somewhere, promising myself that I'll be back. And now it's winter. This is the only shot I got of the golden leaves and it was only because I couldn't help myself. I was on the way somewhere, I don't even remember where, and I passed this at the far end of a deserted parking lot. I just had to turn around. The lights gave the falling leaves an ethereal feel that begged for me to capture it. I took a few shots and left content that at least a small part of this year's fall will stay with me, at least until next year.

Parking Lot Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment